I’ve seen this tag on Booktube many times and more recently, I saw it on Bookdrblog‘s blog. I think it’s a great way to get to know other bloggers and booktubers!
So without further ado, here are my 25 bookish facts about me:
1. I’m very competitive when it comes to the amount of books I read. I joined both the Goodreads Reading Challenge and the 50bookpledge to keep track of my friend’s reading habits. I must read more than them! Last year, I was devastated when I didn’t finish my 100 book goal! (Gif: Popkey.co)
2. I read books 1-6 of Harry Potter when they were first published. Book 7 is still waiting on my bookshelf. Still haven’t finished the Anne of Green Gables series either.
3. This morning I was sorted into Ravenclaw. No complaints here.
4. Six years after graduating from university, I still mostly read romance novels. But…I’m rehabilitating myself now 🙂 Graphic novels, memoirs, and mysteries are on my TBR list!
6. My book boyfriends are:
Eric (movie version) – I don’t care if he’s evil, he’s mine!
7. Sometimes I think a book boyfriend would be better than a real boyfriend. Is that weird?
8. Books that I don’t want anyone to know that I read, I’ll download as an ePub onto my iPad.
9. I rarely listen to audiobooks, no matter how engaging because I can’t remember the story.
10. According to Read It Forward’s TBR calculator, it will take me 26 years to finish my TBR pile! That’s only if I keep reading at least 80 books per year and don’t add anymore books to the list.
11. My most trusted book advisor is my godmother, but I don’t think I’ve read any of her recommendations yet!
12. In 11th grade, my English class put Macbeth on trial. I was the 3rd murderer and cried while being cross examined!
13. When I was in university, I bought most of my reading list secondhand.
14. If I go into a used bookstore with a book in mind, I’ll usually leave with about 5 extra.
15. My favourite place to read is either in bed or on the basement sofa with tea (usually with the TV on in the background).
16. If I’m really into a book (usually a romance), I will stay up until I finish it. Even if it means 3am and I have to work the next morning.
17. When I moved to South Korea for a year, I downloaded over 100 books onto my Kobo. I read maybe one or two books. Instead, I ended up buying over twenty books, which I had to ship back home.
18. I used to really love fan fiction. Especially if it was about Gilmore Girls. Trory shipper, y’all! I count this because I had to read the stories 🙂
19. My favourite place to get bookish content for Twitter is Buzzfeed Books 🙂
20. I’ve read Anne of Green Gables about six times. The most of any book that I own.
21. I’m obsessed with baseball or hockey romances although I don’t like watching hockey.
22. I have trouble reading in libraries.
23. I totally judge a book by its cover.
24. When I was a kid, my parents took my sister and I to Prince Edward Island. I have Anne’s red wig and a picture of me sitting at Emily’s desk to prove it.
25. I have highlighted many sections and written down the sides of many books that I read for school.
Well, that’s it for me folks.
What are some bookish facts about you?