[Top 10 Tuesday is a book blog meme hosted by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish because who doesn’t love top 10 lists!]
It’s time for another Top Ten! This week’s topic is The Ten Reasons I ❤ Veronica Mars.
1. A strong female lead. Need I say more? Kristen Bell was cast perfectly in the role of sarcastic-funny-flirty Veronica. The show wouldn’t be the same if Duncan/Weevil/Logan was cast as the lead. It also wouldn’t have been called Veronica Mars either.
2. Father-daughter relationship. They would do anything for each other and isn’t that how parents’ and children supposed to be? Plus, their classic PI techniques to one-up each other when it comes to hiding and finding out information on their clients/friends/family.
3. LoVe. Logan and Veronica are “epic.”
4. Creative ways to “find” information on clients. Both Veronica and Keith think outside of the box when it comes to snooping on people. Veronica’s dressed up as a sorority girl, pretended to work at The Neptune Grand hotel, and traded in a bong that creates smoke remotely to steal an incriminating video against the PCH biker gang.
5. Lamb. Don Lamb plays a great antagonist for Veronica and Keith. He is the exact opposite of both of them. He is lazy, indifferent, and even cold sometimes.
6. Tech-savvy girls. Mac knows her way around Mac computers and even uses it to her advantage against the 09 population at Neptune High. She made enough money off of them to buy a new set of wheels. Veronica loves to take digital photos and can photoshop like a boss.
7. Not shying away from difficult topics. In the first episode, Veronica is searching for the boy who raped her and the person who killed her best friend, Lilly. Was it Lilly’s brother and Veronica’s first love, Duncan? Was it Lilly’s off-again, on-again boyfriend, Logan? Or leader of the PCH biker gang, Weevil?
8. Prof. Wilder to Vinnie Van Lowe. Remember that sweet kiss between Prof Wilder and Joey? Now, he’s just creepy as Vinnie hits on Veronica!
9. The best quotes. “Veronica, why does trouble follow you around?” or “Here it is. First day of college. New school, fresh start. How ’bout you try not to piss anyone off this time around?” or “Qu’est-ce que c’est? Frak?”
10. There are books and even a movie! I’ve read at least one book, which was kind of boring. I think it was about Neptune being overrun with Spring Break tourists and a young girl suddenly disappeared. Veronica takes the job to assist local authorities in locating her. The movie also wasn’t as great as the series, but I got my LoVe fix! Also, I’m still waiting on the graphic novels that were promised many years ago…
Have a great Tuesday everyone! Until next time.